By: Veronica Martindale
My favorite photo that I took was about 6 months ago…
I had woken up early and lay there in my bed, and I couldn’t go back to sleep. I rolled over to look at the clock and saw my cat Tiger sitting on top of my printer in my room staring at a bird outside. Then of course me being me got my camera out at 6:30 in the morning and took a picture. She sat up tall angled toward me but her head towards the window. The lighting was perfect, it was early in the morning so the sky and light outside was a foggy gray, it hit Tiger at the perfect angle and made her beautiful shiny orange coat of fur a mixture of orange and gray. Then her eyes shined from the gray light making her look beautiful, even for a cat. Her paws sat like a round balls connected to a leg. She sat up on her front legs and showed her chest, a grayish white. Her ears came to a perfect rounded point.
Once I took the picture I tried to take more but she saw that I had woke up and wanted me to pet her. She jumped off her perch and trotted towards me. Then she jumped up on my bed and looked at me because I hadn’t pet her right then and there. Her eyes grew impatient; she stared at me until I gave in.
I pet her for a few minutes and decided to go eat breakfast since I was absolutely awake. I opened my bedroom door and could feel the cool air. I walked down the hall as quiet as I could but the floor creaked under my every step. I found the kitchen in the unlit house and found the light switch with what little light I had. I opened the fridge and a bottle of ranch fell out making a loud thud. I hurried and picked it up thinking I could undo the noise. I looked in the fridge. Nothing. So I went to the pantry hoping that I wouldn’t wake anybody up. I opened the door and creakkk! I didn’t know that the door squeaked, Oh well! I found a box of cereal and opened the cupboard to get a bowl THUD! I dropped the bowl how could I possibly do that!
I finally made it around the counter to the table and accidently dropped my spoon on the table. Ug! I am having a hard time not making noise! I poured my cereal and watched the crunchy bits of cereal tumble out of the box, and then I watched myself pour the white milk, silky and smooth, glug out and making a mess. I ran to get a towel and threw it on the puddle of white milk. The towel got sopping wet and I went to get another.
After I finished cleaning up my mess and eating breakfast my mom had woken up and said “Good Morning!” I was surprised I didn’t wake her up but then I showed her the photo on my camera. She said it was really good and that I should be a photographer. Hey might as well!
1 comment:
What a funny story! Great job.
Keep it up.
Ms. L.
Post a Comment